I liked to thank Jane Gealy at The world according to Dom for nominating me for the versatile blogger award http://planet-dom.com/2018/02/20/versatile.blogger . That is so sweet…thanks so much and thanks for checking out my site, so happy you like it.
Rules to versatile blogger award:
Write 7 interesting facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 amazing bloggers for the award.
So here are 7 interesting facts about me
- I’m a big homebody. I do love adventures, but my favorite place has always been at home. I love being surrounded by family, staring at my giant acrylic fish tank, sewing something, watching old movies or reading a good book.
- I only wear one piece of jewelry, it’s a little peace sign carved from an olive tree in Jerusalem. It is tied to a string, so it isn’t fancy at all but says a lot about who I am. It is something all four of us in our family wear. I have other jewelry and it is put away because I am always covered in paint from redoing furniture and art pieces.
- I once walked the entire racetrack in Monaco. It was something my husband always wanted to do since he was a little boy. He is a big formula 1 fanatic and used to photograph a lot of the races. After walking the track, we were hungry but didn’t have a lot of cash on us so we ended up splitting a $7 hotdog.
- I tried rose petal gelato in Florence Italy and prickly pear ice cream in Arizona but my favorite is and always will be Vanilla. What can I say; I’m very loyal to the things I love.
- I would love to have a pet hedgehog. They look so adorable. For now I will stick with making little versions of them.
- In my teens I met my husband based off of a lie. The girl I was working with told me the boy next door (my husband to be) said he really liked me (the lie) and said I should go speak to him, so I did. My husband still talks about that and how funny it was when I kept stopping by to talk to him and I am the shy one. It took two weeks before he actually asked me out. He thought it was a prank wondering why what he calls the girl of his dreams next-door working would bother to speak to him. Now a couple decades later and two grown kids, we are still together and still talk a lot to each other.
- I was raised around a motorcycle gang when I was a little girl (mother’s side) and Pentecostals from my father’s side. It made for a very interesting upbringing. There was never a boring moment and it taught me how to be spiritual and cautious all at the same time. Oh, the stories I could tell. Now that I am all grown up I have realized I am more like my father’s side of the family then my mothers.
I like to nominate these bloggers for keeping my family and I entertained, for passing on knowledge, sharing adventures and pieces of themselves. There are so many great bloggers out there it is hard to pick, anyway be sure to check back in a couple of days for my favorite posts of the month post.
Margaret from soulfood101blog https://soulfood101blog.wordpress.com
Edmark M. Law https://learnfunfacts.com
Anne N @ sweetrovers https://sweetrovers.com
Jodi-the creative life in between https://lifeinbetween.me
made by greta https://madebygreta.com
through an open lens https://throughopenlens.com
Anita (Anita’s images) https://maltanita.com
I would also like to let everyone know about a birthday blog party at Nikki’s http://akinderway.com/2018/02/26/birthday-bash-meet-greet-2-26-2-4/
I discovered Nikki’s site through Jane Gealy’s site, so thank you once again Jane and Nikki thank you for spreading kindness out there in the world. I have a post coming up in a few days where I address this issue. It is so important to counteract hate with kindness. The world needs this right now. Happy blogging everyone.